So after designing my first unit plan, It is time for another reflection.
I decided that the first unit I was going to design was going to be my Small Gas Engine Introduction, Safety, tools, and parts. The plan itself went together fairly quickly, with lessons like "How does math relate to Small Gas engines?" and "How do you use a micrometer? " This unit will be one of the first ones I begin teaching in the spring.
The most difficult part with designing this unit was finding what standards I was going to address for the lessons. I knew roughly what standards were going to be addressed, the difficult part was actually finding AFNR and Academic standards that would like up with what I was going to be teaching.
After the peer review, there was a few minor changes I needed to make (mostly related to being more specific).
Overall I thought the unit came together nicely and I am looking forward to writing my next unit. I think next I will write my first unit for the Small Animal Science class.
Matt,
ReplyDeleteThis blog post is really not as informative as I had hoped it would be.
What specific suggestions were made by your peer reviews and what are you going to change after seeing those peer reviews?