"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." -Henry Van Dyke

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

First day of 412 Lab!

So today we had our first ever 412 lab. In this lab we teach short lessons and develop our techniques further. We were given lessons to teach and had two days to prepare them. My lesson was to teach the 7 Central American countries and the countries motto's. While I was teaching the lesson it seemed like my 15 minutes flew by and I didn't get to cover everything I wanted to. But overall I believe the lesson came across effectively, but would have been better with a little bit more time.

After re-watching the recording of during the lesson I have come to the conclusion that the information and methods I used were effective, but I do still have work to do in my disposition. As I watched the video I noticed that I would start leaning on the podium. I feel like that is something I should try to avoid. Another thing I noticed was that I would keep letting the class get a little bit too hectic and everyone was trying to talk at once. I believe I need to work on giving clearer instructions to the students, when I want just one to answer at a time I need to tell them that. Finally as I was watching the video I noticed that when the students would give answers I would acknowledge it but I did not give any feedback to the students, I would just continue to the next person.

No comments:

Post a Comment