These articles have made a huge impact on my idea of teaching. I want to become the teacher that the students look to for success. I want them to come to me down the road and tell me " Your class is the reason I stayed in school" or "I may not have needed your class at the time but I still use what you taught". This is the kind of impact I want to make on students.
After reading all of these articles, I have decided that right at this moment, I am not ready to walk into a classroom as a teacher. I could walk in and teach lessons but I believe that I would be cheating the students out of an education at this point if I was the main teacher . There is still so much I need to learn and so many ideas I need to develop this semester before I think I will be ready.
Matt, Good start. As we go forward to make this as most useful as possible for you, here are some suggestions:
ReplyDelete1) Add a unique title to each entry, something that in 6 months might pull you back in (instead of Weekly Writing 1, maybe Exploring Effective Teaching)
2) Use Labels. Label with terms you might want to search for in the future. (ie Variability Examples)
3) Challenge yourself to include a specific thing you would want to do in the Spring in your teaching from these readings. Just one thing/idea you want to try!
I can definitely do that! Thank you for the Feedback. I am still learning how to use these blogs so I will remember this.
DeleteThanks for sharing the link to the 150 teaching methods. I've saved the PDF file. I look forward to seeing future blogs that share how you have used some of them.
ReplyDelete