Last week I visited the Perry County Fair and I got to see all the goats that were entered by West Perry FFA members.

As you can see, the FFA members from West Perry and Greenwood had their animals labels with FFA Posters. This helped me identify their projects before I even got the official tour. along with the goats, I also got to see the rabbits (not pictured).
After I did the visits, I was helping with the Stockman's competition at the fair. This is similar to a CDE if you have never been to one (like me). The kids that are signed up go from table to table doing everything from identifying seeds and animal breeds to grading hay.
After that part of the competition is done the students will then judge several different animals, goats, sheep, swine, and steers.
overall, I had a great day at the fair and I believe I learned a lot from the competition. I never knew how to judge different animals before!



Hey Matt!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. You will want to make sure that every blog post has a title! This one would be easy! The 2015 Perry County Fair!