A few weeks ago, I had a Mock interview with the principle here at West Perry High School. For this interview, Mrs. Miller and Mr. Rahn were asking questions.
The interview did not start off as I had expected it to. I walked in expecting to shake hands and introduce myself as I would at a normal interview, this did not happen because of the time constraints.
In order to best prepare me for a real interview, Mr. Rahn had around 20 questions ready to go ranging for my pedagogical knowledge and knowledge of instructional methods and assessments, to questions about my own personal reasons for teaching agriculture. The interview was very fast paced.
At the end of the interview he gave me the opportunity to ask him questions which I did. I received answers that I was not expecting. I asked what, if anything, he would like to see the agriculture department doing to improve the program. His answer to me was basically "nothing" he added that 10 years ago there would have been a good long list of additions he would have liked to see, but he said that now that the program is at the national level he has happy with the program and what it has been doing.
After the interview I was given a lot of advice by Mr. Rahn and what I need to do to improve me interviewing skills and my answers. Some of the advice he gave included expanding on my answers more, a regular interview will last just as long with half as many questions. He also told me not to be afraid of talking about myself and what exactly I've done, he wanted me to give specific examples of my achievements.
Overall this experience was a great one that has really helped me prepare myself for interviews, and find a confidence in my answers and my experience that I never had before.
No comments:
Post a Comment