During this semester, I have gone to several professional development events, One specifically that I attended was the Hoss's dinner with Ag teachers in the South Central Region. When we went to this supper, one requirement was that everyone had to bring at least 1 resource to share with the group.
I decided to bring along the digital versions of the Envirothon practice tests that my students created in class. I told a little bit about the resource when it was my turn to share out, and passed around a sign up sheet for anyone interested to getting the tests to use. There were several teachers who signed up.
Some of the other resources that were being shared included a template for "baseball cards" to help the students study from. a book for aquaculture and how to start and manage a system, and several others. Mr. Fredrick also gave us a lot of resources if we wanted them, The one that I wanted the most was a book on wildlife in Pennsylvania. Once I started looking through this book I realized just how much information was packed into it. I started using it to find extra information to teach my students in the wildlife class.
Overall, cooperation among Ag teachers is an extremely important thing. We cannot all be masters of every single topic we teach, which is why we need harness the knowledge and resources from our peers. If we can continue to support each other like this, we will continue to thrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment